What else can you list?

2 Comments

mesame mesame

Re: What else tools that can help one like VIM?

That's a very broad question -- do you mean tools for web development? If so, I can think of client side code prototyping & sharing services such as jsfiddle.net, jsbin.com & and codepen.io. For testing on different browsers I use VirtualBox with MS's Internet Explorer Compatibility VPC Images, but again this is mostly useful for client side web development. For raw FTP file management I like FileZilla.

On a side note, your DBGPvim Vim plugin has been very helpful to me and ought to be among the most useful plugins for Vim!

Speaking of Vim and given (as you mentioned above) that you've been using Vim for around 9 years and have become nearly proficient with it, what plugins do you use for web development? One of the greatest shortcomings of Vim for me has been it's lack of comprehensive project support (as in "organizing and managing files (in different locations across the hard drive) and environment settings (e.g., tags files) in 'projects'"). There's NerdTREE, project, exVim and myproject but none of them seem to fit the bill due to various shortcomings.
brookhong brookhong

Re: What else tools that can help one like VIM?

I don't mean specially for web development. But I'll try jsfiddle.net etc.

My vim plugins list --
Bundle 'gmarik/vundle'
Bundle 'Shougo/neocomplcache'
Bundle 'Shougo/neocomplcache-snippets-complete'
Bundle 'scrooloose/nerdcommenter'
Bundle 'scrooloose/nerdtree'
Bundle 'kien/ctrlp.vim'
Bundle 'tpope/vim-fugitive'
Bundle 'surround.vim'
Bundle 'brookhong/DBGPavim'
Bundle 'brookhong/cscope.vim'
Bundle 'taglist.vim'
Bundle 'matchit.zip'
Bundle 'maksimr/vim-translator.git'

I also have some needs for project support, and have same feelings like you that none plugin can meet my requirements. But NerdTree+:mksession almost works for me.